Monday 27 March 2017

Poetry Revisited: Tender Mercies by Anna Laetitia Waring

Tender Mercies

(from Hymns and Meditations: 1850)

Tender mercies, on my way
Falling softly like the dew,
Sent me freshly every day,
I will bless the Lord for you.

Though I have not all I would,
Though to greater bliss I go,
Every present gift of good
To Eternal Love I owe.

Source of all that comforts me,
Well of joy for which I long,
Let the song I sing to Thee
Be an everlasting song.

Anna Laetitia Waring (1823-1910)
Welsh poet and hymn-writer

2 comments:

  1. The poem reminds me of my mom, who had a strong faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the humility and gratefulness that the poem expresses...

      Delete

Dear anonymous spammers: Don't waste your time here! Your comments will be deleted at once without being read.