Friday 9 March 2018

Bookish Déjà-Vu: The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9529.The_Shadow_of_the_Wind

The air in the crammed and cornered rooms of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books in Barcelona, Spain, may be stale and dusty, but for any passionate reader like myself and the protagonist of The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, which I chose as a bookish déjà-vu, it inevitably carries the stimulating breath of freedom, wisdom and delight. When the boy takes one of the forgotten books back home with him, he wrenches it as well as its author from the unfathomable dungeons of oblivion and brings it back to the light… or rather to life. He accepts to be the book’s guardian for the rest of his life not imagining that several years later his duty to protect the book from all harm and the mystery shrouding the author will draw him into a series of dangerous adventures. And along the way he meets his love.  

1 comment:

  1. I have tried to read everything by Carlos Ruiz Zafón ever since I read The Shadow of the Wind for the very first time. I actually just bought his newest book, "The Labyrinth of the Spirits" which is the fourth book in the series about the Cemetery of the Forgotten Books. I've been wondering whether I should first read the first three again but since I lent them to my sister-in-law, I think the decision is easy. ;)

    I know I am not the only one to love these books but I'm always happy to talk to some of the admirers. Thanks for posting.

    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete

Dear anonymous spammers: Don't waste your time here! Your comments will be deleted at once without being read.