|Click on the image to go to |
Dolce Bellezza's challenge post
with a list of all entries
June 2016 - January 2017This year the call to sign-up for the Japanese Literature Challenge X (2016/17) of Dolce Bellezza - for literary and translated fiction came late. In fact, by the time the post finally appeared on 11 June, I had almost given up hope. How much more delighted I was, when I saw it! It goes without saying that I’m participating again.
And here’s my draft list of eight literary gems from the pen of Japanese writers that I intend to read and review here on Edith’s Miscellany by the end of January 2017 (subject to change!):
- Abe Kōbō: The Face of Another (1964), original title: 他人の顔
- Endō Shūsaku: Silence (1966), original title: 沈黙
- Ibuse Masuji: Black Rain (1966), original title: 黒い雨
- Nakamura Fuminori: The Thief (2009), original title: 掏摸
- Ogawa Ito: The Restaurant of Love Regained (2008), original title: 食堂かたつむり
- Sumii Sué: The River with No Bridge (Volume 1: 1961), original title: 橋のない川
- Tsuboi Sakae: Twenty-four Eyes (1952), original title: 二十四の瞳
- Yoshimoto Banana: The Lake (2005), original title: みずうみ
»»» please read also my post for the Japanese Literature Challenge 9 (2015/16).
»»» please read also my (brief) post for the Japanese Literature Challenge 8 (2014/15) for which I signed up shortly before it was over, so I could contribute no more than two books to it.